About the Mobility Data Module
Mobility Data is (in general) any dataset generated by monitoring the physical location of people and/or means of transport (automobiles, ships, airplanes etc.) Mobility data are generated in a wide range of situations, by different entities, using varying types of sensors and data collection pipelines.
In the context of the Covid-19 pandemic mobility data have become an important tool in helping analysing the patterns of infectious disease spreading. The Open Risk Dashboard has a new module using publicly released (Open Risk Data) mobility data from smartphone derived locations.
Mobility data currently included are the aggregated datasets per country and region (or subregion) made public by Google. In practice the module retrieves statistical data from outside sources, integrates them in a uniform interface and provides data views, visualizations and risk modellingfunctionality.
The Mobility Data module is an interactive, visual web application (dashboard) that builds on open data mobility repositories. The module serves several purposes:
- make raw data easily available online;
- allow exploration of statistical properties;
- enable analyses of relations with other data sets
- ultimately support the development of more advanced Mobility Risk management capabilities
Information you can currently extract using the mobility data app:
- Drill down and find datasets by country, region and subregion
- Compare the statistics of mobility for different countries using tables, histograms or correlation scatterplots
- Explore visually individual dataseries and their properties
- Explore visually related dataseries (e.g. geographical representation)
Read more about the Mobility Data app and how to use it in these blog posts:
- Exploring Community Mobility Reports Using OpenCPM
- Comparing Google Community Mobility Reports Across Countries
There are several additional releases planned on top of the currently released functionality. Feedback on useful features and suggestions are welcome and will be taken into account in the planning.
Check back for updates or subscribe to our mailing list -> email@example.com