In this segment we list a few suggestions of how to get started with Equinox. As the platform offers rich functionality what is relevant and optimal will vary for different users.
The Innovative Platform for Sustainable Portfolio Management
The Equinox platform is a versatile, cloud based, framework that supports sustainable portfolio management activity using an entirely modern approach. Facing the enormous and multi-faceted challenge of sustainability will require building on all the empowering aspects of modern digital technologies: versatility, ubiquity, scalability and open source transparency.
If you are not at all familiar with the platform, a high level overview of its objectives and capabilities is available in the following brief functionality overview. A warm welcome to the Equinox world!
Equinox User Documentation
The Equinox Online User documentation is structured along two dimensions:
- Horizontal (cross-cutting) topics that are applicable across the supported application domains:
- Getting Started is an overview of the functionality that is available across use cases
- Reference Data play an important role in sustainable portfolio management as they bring in and integrate new and granular information sources that were not previously used. Equinox aims to facilitate integrating relevant open data towards meeting portfolio management objectives.
- Support for diverse Data Types (numbers, text, geospatial information) is essential to help users to obtain holistic views of their portfolios
- Application Pages form the conceptual user interface that (non-technical) users experience when working with the platform
- Vertical, Specific Workflows implementing concrete protocols and standards. Indicatively:
- The Green Public Procurement Workflow that supports analysis conforming to the data models of the European Union TED platform.
- The GHG Project Workflow that focuses on individual project impact analysis
- The CIRIS Workflow for compiling a City-wide emissions report
- The PCAF Mortgages Workflow for compling the emissions profile of a portfolio of mortgages (loans secured against real estate with measurable GHG emissions)
- The PCAF Project Finance Workflow
- The EBA Scorecard for Project Finance
Technical Documentation and References
- Installation instructions, code documentation and other technical information is available online here.
- Adopted Standards and Further References
NOTE: Equinox is still in active development. As the functionality of the platform is enhanced, the documentation will be enriched and updated, following also user feedback.
The Equinox platform uses at its backend a powerful database that supports storing a variety of data formats. This versatility is essential if one is to work with diverse data sources to obtain a holistic view of “ground truth”. Here we discuss three important sub-categories that are used throughout the platform
Users access and make use of Equinox through a number of “pages” that work similar to most web applications.
Supporting the transition to Sustainable Finance requires up-to-date data, relevant and trusted models and effective usable tools that are fully embedded in the organization. The Equinox platform is a cloud based framework that supports sustainable portfolio management activity using an entirely modern approach.